March 11, 2012

Bountiful Baskets

The veggie part of the basket this week: kale, cucumbers, romaine lettuce, carrots, asparagus, green onions, sweet peppers, and anaheim peppers
A year or so ago, I was pretty avid about Bountiful Baskets - it's a co-op started in Arizona, that has spread to several other states.  It's only $15 a basket (after a first-time additional $3 fee) and you get a ton of fruits and veggies. They have add-on packs like asian veggies, boxes of apples, mangoes, etc. I dropped off for awhile because I don't like vegetables (I admit it) and they'd always go bad if I didn't give them away. Anyways, starting this paleo diet inspired me and I decided to give it a try this week. And I'm pretty excited!

I tried two recipes out of my Paleo Comfort Foods (by Julie and Charles Mayfield) book that I never would have tried because I got two heads of kale and a bag of carrots. But can I just say I LOVE my Paleo Comfort Foods book?  This is a picture of all the recipes I've dog-eared, and I may end up trying more, like the Carrot Timbales and Shada's Kale Salad I made tonight:

Kind of a crappy picture, but you can see that most of the pages have been dog-eared


No comments:

Post a Comment