March 4, 2012

Sweet Potato Pie!!!!

This is a recipe my friend gave me. I'm pretty sure he made it up which amazed me. I literally just made it tonight and it was amazing. Here was my problem. The yams I used must have been bigger than normal, because this recipe made a TON. I used a deep dish pie pan usually used for apple pie, and I ended up having to spoon some of the filling out into two ramekins so it wouldn't overflow. If you're using rather large yams, I'd suggest splitting it into two different regular pie pans. So you'll just have to keep an eye on them for cooking time. But make some fresh whipped cream to go with it? HEAVEN!!!!!

Ingredients:
*2 yams
*1 1/4 cups coconut milk
*2 T organic butter
*4 organic eggs
*1 1/2 tsp salt
*1/2-1 tsp allspice, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
*2 T honey
*1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
*Mix up in a food processor and pour into 9" pan(s)

Topping:
*1 1/2-3 cups chopped pecans (however much you want to sprinkle on top of pie)
*2-4 T butter, melted
*1-2 T honey

Mix together well and sprinkle on pie. Bake at 350 for 35 min then check. Cook for an additional 20 min until knife comes out fairly clean.

Mix up some fresh whipped cream and enjoy!!


3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this! Most of my family will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever doesn't like sweet potatoes, tell them the only way I've EVER been willing to eat them is with tons of butter and brown sugar. Otherwise I won't touch yams. And even I like this!!!

    ReplyDelete