March 4, 2012

Chicken Parmesan

So for Sunday dinner my mom decided to make chicken parmesan. Obviously that's something I can't have...right? WRONG! With a little tweaking this ended up being one of the most delicious paleo dishes I've tried yet!!! And I was so hungry so I was intensely pleased that it turned out so well! :-) There's this amazing marinara sauce that is available at Costco that is a staple now that I know I can have it! The picture is below. It's absolutely delicious.

Ingredients:
*4 organic chicken breast halves (boneless, skinless)
*1 c almond meal 
*6 T Parmesan cheese
*2 organic eggs, lightly beaten
*Grated Mozzarella cheese
*Butter
*Spaghetti sauce
*Garlic salt

Directions:
*Pound chicken to 1/4" thickness. Mix almond meal and 4 T Parmesan. Dip chicken in egg, then almond meal mixture (pie pans work great for this). In a large skillet, melt 1 T butter per breast and brown the chicken on both sides. Remove from skillet and place into a 9x13. Cover each breast with desired amount of Mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parm and garlic salt. Bake at 350 until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Broil for a few minutes to brown. 






7 comments:

  1. I hope our Costco has this sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sauce is freaking incredible. I want to live off this dinner now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you find your almond meal or coconut oil or flour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went up to Good Earth in Ogden, but I know I found almond meal in one of the local stores on the gluten free aisle. Not sure which one (it was a smallish bag of Bob's Red Mill brand). The Good Earth has bulk buying so I just scooped out what I wanted. I found the coconut oil there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't buy it in bulk until you've got quite a few recipes that call for it. Unless it's cheaper than buying the Bob's Mill bag. I bought coconut flour and almond meal and I've hardly used either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I said it wrong - it's the bulk canisters that you can scoop out and pay by the pound. So I just got like a cup of coconut flour, just to try it out. It definitely has a coconut taste to it, but it works in some things. I LOVE the almond flour! I like the texture, and it's a little nutty, without having too much flavor, so I can put it in all sorts of things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almond meal is my favorite too. Coconut flour is SO much more absorptive than wheat flour. I tried making a recipe and doing a straight exchange and boy did that backfire! :-P

    ReplyDelete